Lindmore Irrigation District
Your Subtitle text

Home Page

CalSpA Sues Delta Exporters, eliminates transfer from Northern California, but another opens up!

Update July 10, 2014

A recent law suit by California Sports Fisherman Association scared away Glenn Colusa Irrigation District from transferring water to the Lindmore Irrigation District. Then the San Joaquin River Exchange Contractor Water Authority makes a deal with Lindmore Irrigation District for the transfer of 2,000 AF of water from their Millerton supply. 

District staff sent out a request to landowners/growers back on June 12, 2014 for those interested in water at the 
$800-$1,000 AF range. The District received 1,850 AF of requests on time from about 80 entities. The District will only be able to deliver 80% of the requests. This occurs because staff estimates a loss of 550 AF to charge the lines (~280 AF), normal operational losses (~210 AF) and variances between our meters and the USBR/FWA meters (~70 AF). 
  
The District will be running this water with a tentative start date of July 21, 2014 and ending October 15, 2014. All those who did not participate in this water purchase are not allowed to tamper with District meters/valves. All growers are expected to be mindful that this small amount of water is paying a substantial portion of this year's District costs. Taking water without authorization will result in severe penalties including the removal of your meter.

FINALLY, MY EDITORIAL
This water year is dry, no doubt about it. But it has been managed by the respective governments (State and Federal) with a priority for species (other than human) protection. To note, only 15% of the water running into the Delta was pumped for human consumption (Agriculture or Municipal Water), the other 85% of fresh water (sent to us by God), was sent back to the ocean by government agencies for the purpose of protecting Delta Smelt and Spring Run Chinook Salmon. 

The count is official - less than 1% of allowed fish take occurred and this dogmatic application of "fish protection" ESA rules will eliminate thousands of jobs, destroy hundreds if not thousands of acres of permanent crops and weaken the farm economy in the Central Valley. 

GOOD JOB CALIFORNIA VOTERS, CALIFORNIA SPORTS-FISHERMEN, STATE AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS AND LIBERALS THAT HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE ABOUT HOW THEY GET THEIR FRIGGIN' FOOD.
 HEY LIBERALS, SAVE A SALMON, EAT SILICON CHIPS THIS YEAR

I can not promise updates as I spend the vast majority of my time trying to get water into the District. but I will try to update when possible.

Next Board meeting is scheduled for August 12, 2014 at 2:00 PM at the Distirct Office.

Lindmore Irrigation District
P.O. Box 908
315 E. Lindmore Avenue
Lindsay, CA 93247
(559)562-2534

Board President
A Leroy Spulher

Board Vice-President
John Arnold

Directors:
Division 1 - Ronnie Adam

Division 2 - Michael R. Brownfield

Division 3 - A. Leroy Spuhler

Division 4 - David DePaoli

Division 5 -John Arnold

General Manager
Michael D. Hagman

Secretary/Treasurer
Michael D. Hagman

Collector/Assessor
Marv Rowe
The Lindmore Irrigation District has been in existence since 1938.

The District is located in the east central portion of the San Joaquin Valley of California. The District receives water from Millerton Lake through Friant Dam and delivered to the District down the Friant-Kern Canal all facilities of the the Federal Central Valley Project.

The District delivers this water to about 1,000 meters to about 500 farmers on over 26,000 acres within the District boundaries.

The District is governed by five board members who give policy direction to a General Manager. The General Manager is tasked with managing the day to day affairs of the District and implementing the policies as directed by the governing body.

The District is a member of the Friant Water Authority/Friant Water Users' Authority who operates and maintains the Friant-Kern Canal for the Federal government. The District is also a member of the Friant Power Authority that owns, operates and maintains power facilities at Friant Dam.






Friant Dam and Friant-Kern Canal - For more information about these facilities or other Central Valley Project facilities click here.
Website Builder